Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Memoriam

Just a few lines tonight as my regular PC is still down. Not sure when my brother will have all the bugs out.

I just read the news of Alex Toth passing, at his drawing board no less. It's truly a great loss to the artistic community as Alex Toth was such an influential artist to many in today's medium. Toth worked for Hanna-Barbara creating such famous characters like Birdman and Space Ghost, which live on in today's Adult Swim programming. I'm no artist by any means but Toth's strong visual style and clean dramatic lines always impressed me. His influence can be seen in the likes of such artists as Mike Mignola, creator of Hellboy, and Alex Ross, painter.

To know that at the age of 78 he was still creating is an inspiration to me. He will be missed.

End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: