Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

They

Hey all,

I'll be commenting more on the real origins of this poem tomorrow, but suffice it to say I attended a wedding on Monday and this poem is what I felt during the ceremony and reception. The trick in this poem is the repeating word, they. It represents everything that both unites me and tears me apart. I think it came out pretty well considering.

They


How softly they touch,

Oh how jealous I feel.

So slowly they dance,

As my fate sets to seal.

Now in passion they kiss,

While I longingly gaze on.

The embraces they share,

Find me life's bitter pawn.

These looks that they stare,

Are some I've not known,

And these moments they treasure,

Become something I cannot own.



Why are they happy,

When I am so sad?

When is it my turn,

To get what they had?



The music they play,

Sounds me in sorrow.

They have so many loved ones,

And I can find no tomorrow.

They cheer and they clap,

Yet I am so solemn.

They are pillars of love,

While I'm just a lone column.

Vows they have made,

Are pledges I've not taken.

They are united in marriage,

And I am forsaken.



Why are they happy,

When I know not cheers.

When did just a day,

Turn to bitter years.




End of Line,
Gerrad!

No comments: