Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Friday, February 02, 2007

....On My Sleeve.

I have come to relize truth and honesty are really different things...Honesty is a very valuable trait that I admire in poeple, myself included. Truth is often seen in the eye of the beholder. The truth is really what you make it out to be. Something can be true, an emotion, thought or action by force of will. You can shape the truth into what you need. If you tell a lie long enouh, it becomes the truth.

What you can't make up is honesty. Honesty to yourself and those around you means dealing with things, even the truth, when they don't necessarily reflect things that you want them to. Finding honesty in action is something I am trying really hard to do now. I am trying to be honest with someone I know and I am having trouble finding the courage to own up to what I am feeling. I have never been very confident in myself, its easier to pick at a flaw than illuminate a strenght. Well at least for me. Maybe writing this will help, I dont know. What I do know is that I can't change the truth of the matter, I can only accept it. That's being honest with myself, and with the people around me.

Honesty is the best policy, they just don't say that it's the easiet.

End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: