Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ocean of One

Hey all,

A quick poem inspired by the beaches of San Diego, though written from home. I wanted to do some environmental writing while on vacation. I had some relative success with several poems in that format over last years vacation, writing 3 or 4 poems on each one of my trips out of town. I didn't do that this year, though I might try once more this weekend as I'll be helping to celebrate a friends birthday.

The point is, this was a poem topic, the beach, that I wanted to write about while in San Diego, but I just felt like trying it out even though I didn't go there. I'd love to hear some feedback. Thanks for reading!


Ocean of One

Grains of sand between my toes,

And the salty breath the ocean blows.

Walking down the coastline beach,

Waves cresting unto the breach.

The smell of salt, the taste of sea,

There is no place else I'd rather be.


Along the coast among the surf,

Hand in hand, smiles of mirth.

The water laps upon our feet,

Hands held tight, our hearts complete.

The dawning sun breaks the sky,

Slowly lowering to the sand we lie.


The waves crest over our lying forms,

A raging current inside that storms.

The ocean moves, our love a tide,

Washing away to what beneath resides.

The sound of surf and crashing waves,

An echo of love, our heart behaves.


Lying together our face to the sun,

My hand in hers, my ocean of one.

All of the Earth is covered in life,

Yet my feelings for you are ever so rife.

Bleached from the sun and bronzed of it's rays,

Together with you, a perfection of days.


End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: