Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Close My Eyes

Hey all,

Bit of a poem I been working on for a week. I don't know if I captured what I was going for, but I think I am done with it. Jason had asked if I could do a poem about a nightmare, so this was my effort. Maybe it was good, maybe not. I am not sure how I feel about it. I'd love some feedback. I'll try to post again on Friday with some new Flash Fiction. Thanks!


Close My Eyes


Close my eyes and fall to dreams,

Though nightmares plague in silent screams.

Toss and turn in fitful sleep,

As mind wanders from the restful deep.

All my fears played out so real,

Nighttime frights together congeal.

And when I wake from sweat soaked slumber,

No escape from all that life encumbers.

The things that plague my resting state,

Like fear and love and doubt and hate,

Still surround me all alone.

It feels as if this is all I've known.

Chased by demons of my id,

Whose true nature cannot stay hid.

My conscious deep bubbles to light,

Giving life to unearthly fright.

And again I wake to haunted thought,

At the twists and turns which mind has wrought.

I wake from each with a jumping start,

Has my mind fallen apart?

Another vision lies in wait,

Just close my eyes and welcome fate.

Nightmares ride the trails of mind,

I fear what images the dark will find.

Fleeting dreams, can't find peace.

Another night, I have no release.

Now I lay my head to bed,

And pray for once the sleep of the dead.



End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: