Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Mike Wieringo

Hey all,

Sunday marked the passing of Mike Wieringo, a very talented comic book artist, of a heart attack. While I didn't know him, I did get the oppertunity to meet him several years ago at Comic Con, when he was marketing his creator owned series Tellos. He was an unbelivably nice guy in those few moments that we talked, and I find it a shame that he was taken at the age of 44.

Mike was the kind of comic book artist that I admire, not the greatest or the flashiest, but the guy who was good and could keep his commitments. So many artists today can't maintain their deadlines, but he was dependable and gave you quality work on a consistant level. I hope he is in a better place.

Thanks for the work Mike.


End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: