Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Casts A Shadow Great And Tall

Hey all,

I sent this poem off for my Dad's birthday with his card. I am not sure how he is going to take it. I am pretty sure he doesn't read my blog but he was one of my influences in restarting this blog and putting poetry on it. He is a pretty good poet, far better than I, who has had a few published, both online and in poetry compilations. He taught me the value of words, both writing and reading very young and I really admire him. Hopefully he likes the poem, and hopefully so do you. Thanks for reading.


Casts a Shadow Great and Tall


I may not be the greatest son

And I've lost more battles than I've won.

The mistakes I've made are more than few.

But in my life there's one thing that holds true.

I'm blessed by a father who is always there.

To help me through my worries and care.


Never quick with an unkind word.

Who'd rather listen than be heard.

Lessons learned to teach me right,

Didn't fault or feel contrite.

Our interests shared and humor found,

His influence on me is so profound.


He casts a shadow great and tall,

That affects everyone where it may fall.

Lucky am I that he's my Dad,

If I am half the man he is count me glad.

As a Father you sure raised the bar.

I just want you to know how important you are.



One day I hope to measure to you.

Until that date I hold this to be true.

I hope you understand what I want to allay.

You mean more to me than these words can say,

Holding tight my respect and adulation.

Dad, you're always my inspiration.


End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: