Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Assorted Nuts


Hey all,

I just realized that I posted 3 poems in a row, not a normal activity for me. I like to change the pace up a bit and provide a bit of variety. Sometimes I even hold a poem or two in the que to use when I am unable to write one. Since that bout of writers block though I have been on more of a roll. I am defiantly far more happy with my output of late and wanted to run over a few assorted topics.

Firstly, I actually responded to an online listing for a relationship. I don't know if it will be successful or not, but its progress. I always talk about making a change to my situation, at least this time I am trying something. If I am unsuccessful I am no worse off than before, if I am... well its a start in the right direction.

Two, caught Rush Hour 3 over the weekend, and while I don't feel it was a good movie, certainly the weakest of the three, it did make me laugh more times than I imagined it would. Jackie Chan, in the outtakes had me rolling with different takes of him asking to rent a dirty movie, especially when he said, I like the ones with the hairy women, Burt Reynolds taught me that." I feel it a point here to admit a certain weakness for the movie Smokey and the Bandit, terrible and great and I watch it every time its on TV, despite owning the DVD.

Finally finished season 3 of my favorite TV show, Deadwood. While the season finale was a tad anticlimactic, I am always in awe of the shows writing. I never feel more privileged and stupid than when I watch the show. Each character, even the more throwaway ones, are ripe and complex. A mix of veteran character actors and underrated talent, I will pray that the create the 2 movies to wrap up the show. HBO always cuts the most promising ones first. Besides, there are not enough Westerns on TV anymore.

That about covers the odds and ends of this post. I also posted above a final pic of my tattoo, as I realized I posted the image it was based on, but never the real thing. Tara McPherson actually posted the pic on her MySpace page under her tattoo bulletin. An honor to be sure. As always, thanks for reading.

End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: