Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Amidst the Night

Hey all,

I am supposed to be working right now, but I thought I would take a few moments to upload a poem I wrote yesterday. I had the day mostly all to myself and headed for familiar ground in my poetry. It just feels good to get really moody sometimes.

I have a lot of pent up angst and aggression I think. I don't know how to handle it most of the time. I am generally pretty even-keeled guy, I just have trouble with the incredible loneliness I feel sometimes. For all I am blessed with, I sometimes feel cursed. Anyone else ever feel that way?

Anyway, enjoy the poem and I will be back for sure on Wednesday, though as it is the first the next installment of The Darkest Dawn will be Thursday so I can devote the proper attention to the post, unless I can find some time Tuesday to get started but I have a very heavy workload Tuesday and Wednesday, so no guarantees. I CAN guarantee that we will be back on track every Wednesday and Sunday for Flash Fiction. Keep reading.


Amidst the Night


Dimly lit in shadow state,

Darkness round a silent gate.

No more noise amidst the night,

The silence sounds a lowly sight.

Trouble brews from deep within,

A loneliness in my chagrin.

When will call the end of days?

For I've spent my youth away.

Wasted moments I wish I kept,

Lost these years my heart has wept.

This blackened wound in matching hue,

In the deepest end this drowning pool.

It pulls me lower, I've no escape,

From the dark this soul formed shape.

Trapped by fear I know not love,

Beneath a sky blotted above.

Its bleeding rain a darkened trail,

Submerging me in all I've failed.

I've lost all prayers or hope in life,

Hand in hand I've suckled strife.

Leave me now, resigned to fate,

For tragedy's my only mate.



End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: