Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

New Concepts

Hey all.

Wanted to leave a quick update tonight. When I started this blog it was with the intention of getting myself writing again, and creating some stories, if only for me at least. That has been something I have not focused on and I am making efforts to repair that matter. I started working on a story bible, just a notebook where I can keep notes and jot down story ideas when they come to me. My goal is to start taking it with me where I go so when something i like comes to me, I can commit it to paper before I forget.

I have three story ideas right now. A World War 2 story, a classic western tale, and a concept I am thinking about revisiting. A while back my roommate Jason and I started to kick around some story concepts to potentially self publish a comic book. Well, with him close to getting contract work with a comic company, I think I need to start to develop this idea on my own. Take what I worked out then and meld it forward. Its an amalgamation of all the things I really enjoy, westerns, science fiction, and fantasy..with a little steampunk. I like that it gives me a broad range of story ideas and can keep things interesting. I can go epic in scope, or keep a simple gritty western revenge tale. A combination of swords, guns, technology and magic will keep for a variety of character and story ideas. I am excited to get started.

It starts with the bible though.. getting characters and locations at least roughed out before actually getting to the meat. Anyway that's what's going on with me. As I start to develop some more concrete ideas I'll post some updates on them. I also will try to get to another poem on my next post. Thanks for reading.

End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: