Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Flash Fiction: Confessions

Part 2 (of 3)

The following weeks after meeting for coffee were some of the best times of my life. We had fallen into a relationship that felt real and natural. We took things slowly, she had just been broken by her last boyfriend, and I wanted to make sure that everything was perfect. Everyday we spent time together, and every night we would talk for hours on the phone. We talked of hopes and dreams, of what was and what could have been, and of what may still yet.

It was almost everything I had ever wanted. We hadn't gotten intimate, but we had kissed and held each other. I knew the time was coming soon, the time to tell her everything. About how I had felt all these years and how long I had wanted to tell her everything that was bursting inside of me.

She came over to my apartment one night and I decided that I would tell her then. It had been a month since that fateful day and it was finally the right time. I had never felt closer to someone. I was ready to elevate what we had to the next level, to find out what that held in store for me. This relationship was the catalyst to start the rest of my life, a measuring stick for the success of my future.

She arrived, as beautiful as ever. Her hair flowing about her shoulder, an anxious look on her face. She new what I was going to say, I knew it. She gave me a great hug and the softest brush on the lips. As we sat down she looked at me and started to speak. Quickly I silenced her with a light touch of my finger on her lips.

"Let me speak. There is something I have been meaning to say ever since the day I first saw you all those years ago."

I laid myself bare, emptying my insides of every feeling, every emotion, every bit of myself that could be. How I knew in my heart she was the one for me, how I had pined all these years for her. How I knew I could wait 'for she was the only one I wanted. A tale of agony in the separation between us and how it felt to see someone treat her so poorly when I knew I was the one for her. I spoke for what seemed like hours, until I had nothing to say. Until I had nothing left, my heart placed on a table, all for her.

She looked at me all the while I as talking. Never saying a word, a small little smile on her face as her eyes filled with tears. They streaked her mascara as she sat there, but she never unfolded her hands, absorbing what I said as the dark tears ran down her face.

When I was done she finally looked away from me and stifled a small sob. She told me how beautiful all the things I had said to her were and how no one had ever made her feel that way. How she had dreamed that one day to hear all those things said to her. She also told me she was pregnant.

And all my world closed around me.

End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: