Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Gun

Hey all,

Sorry for the gap in posting. This is such a filled week I am not sure how much I will actually get done. Next week isn't looking much better either. He is a poem I started when I was feeling a lot of anger, then finished two days later when I wasn't as much. Originally I wanted to get into the thought of taking what you want in life, but I think i tempered the edge a bit on the second go through. I don't like this poem as much today as I did a few days ago, but I'm posting it anyway. Maybe one of you will like it, or maybe it will grow on me later. I don't know. I'll try to be back on Sunday with another post.



The Gun


I hold a gun in my hand,

The hammers pulled back,

My fingers on the trigger,

And it doesn't feel slack.

Staring down the barrel,

I've got the world in my sight.

Haven't found a target,

Cause the feelings not quite right.

Don't know where I'm aiming,

Though I will when I see it.

So many different options,

There's no way I'll ever leave it.

What will make me happy,

What will leave me sad?

When the former finds my cross hairs,

The latter's a passing fad.

If I finally find my purpose,

The hammer will fall down,

Barrel towards my target,

Chamber another round.

The world can be my victim,

For then I'll take it all.

Staring down the barrel,

Then to take the fall.

If the world won't give me,

All the things I need,

I'll take them all by force,

With this gun will they heed.

The gun in my hand,

Can shatter all the silence,

All I've ever wanted,

In a single moment of violence.



End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: