Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

This Intimate Commune

Hey all,

Thought it was about time for another poem. It's been a while since I did a straight love poem, and I think I pulled this one off. My inspiration were those moments when you are separated from that special person and what you are thinking about when they aren't around. Whether your separated by a few hours, or states, or living arrangements, whatever the case may be. I think I dipped the brush of sentimentality a bit to much, but overall I am happy with it.
Let me know what you think if you like.


This Intimate Commune


Why the hell am I still here?

When all I want is to keep you near.

I don't want to hesitate.

Tomorrow arrives far too late.

Each new minute can't come to soon.

To spend in this intimate commune.



Separated until the moment you come back to me.

Is this the way you want it to be?

I can't be the only one who feels this way all the time.

When we're together our hearts are joined in the sublime.

Some things are just to hard to ignore.

How long I covet to be your heart's adore.



There are all these things I need to say.

Without you my soul just can't convey.

There's so much I need to confide,

I want to watch you fall asleep at my side.

And when my day starts to turn to night,

You'll be there with the sunrise to make it right.



A greater gift I have not to give,

You are the reason to draw the breath to live.

When your close my heart beats so fast,

What we have is surely meant to last.

Hold tight now these words to be true,

Only you can make me feel the way I do.

That I love you.



End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: