Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Nerd Fantasy Draft

Hey all!

*still no viable spellcheck*

As football season has started, so has all the talk of fantasy football. While I am not a fantasy footballer, today is an important part of any nerds fantasy draft, for new fall televison marks it's comeback next week. The reason its a draft is that now we will have to see what programs make the cut on the DVR, and who gets left behind. How many of the new shows will get good yardage, and what will be busts.


This will be my second season wih the fall TV lineup and the DVR and I have to say the field looks strong. Despite a few holdouts, like Lost and Battlestar Galactica not starting until January, there are a lot of strong looking new programs.

Pretty much the only holdover sill making my cut from new shows last year is Heroes. Studio 60 and Drive busted out, but I see some positive looking dramas to replace them. I am looking forward to Chuck and Bionic Woman to come out as the best of the rest.


Here's my lineup:

Sundays are pretty light with Fox dominating with The Simpsons and Family Guy. I am not a big fan of American Dad but King of the Hill may make it on the list, I end up watching them in reruns anyway

I will admit to being intrigued by CBS doing a musical drama called Viva Laughlin, but I am not going to bother with something that will so quickly be cancelled.

Mondays have the DVR in overdrive between CBS and NBC. CBS has the sitcoms with How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, and Rules of Engagement, How I Met Your Mother being a favorite. I am also going to try Big Bang Theory, a new nerd comedy since I am watching everything else in that time period.

NBC is coming with the aforementioned Heroes, Chuck and a possibility in Journeyman, a show about a time traveler, but I don't have high hopes or it.

Tuesdays belong to the CW with Beauty and the Geek ( a terrible yet complelling series) and Reaper, a quirky show that's getting a lot of comparisons to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The pilot is directed by Kevin Smith so that's worth it for one episode at least.

Wednesdays are light until Lost comes back. Bionic Woman should dominate that night. I have heard good things about the show Pushing Daisies about a guy who reanimates the dead with a touch and kills them again with another touch. I might try that when it rolls out in October.

Thursdays belong to NBC with Must See TV and My Name is Earl, The Office, and Scrubs. I may give 30 Rock another try, but I didn't enjoy it the few times I watched it last season. Maybe its not my cup of tea.

Fridays and Saturdays are dead fr TV... these are the best times to catch you on the shows you didn't get a chance to watch through the week itself.. Hope you didn't mind me waxing nerd poetic here. My last few posts have been poem heavy so I thought I would talk about something lighter.

I'll post again this weekend, maybe another poem that I have been working on. Thanks for reading.


End of Line.
Gerrad@

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.