Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Back in the Habit

Finally got my PC back up and running.
See less than a year ago I had a friend of mine who is a PC whiz assemble me a new PC, using basically parts from my older model and parts that I purchased ala cart. Unfortunately, every 2 or 3 weeks my PC just likes to shit out. I can't exactly explain how I fixed it this time, all I know is that I moved some of the jumper cables or whatever around until it recognized the drives.
I am hoping to purchase a new harddrive and cables soon to get this matter taken care of, though I will probably have to wait until my refund from the IRS arrives. Eh, then again I do want to buy one of those video IPODS, as I am probably one of the last people on Earth to NOT won some kind of portable MP3 player.

-Movie Review-

Caught Lucky Number Sleven, starring Josh Hartnett, Bruce Willis, Lucy Liu, Morgan Freeman, and Sir Ben Kingsly.
I wouldn't call it a bad movie, just a bit forced. It tries to be in the same vein as Pulp Fiction, but comes across as more 2 Days in the Valley. A strong cast that really doesn't make the pop culture ridden idiosyrncratic dialog come alive. It just feels kind of shoe-horned into place. That being said I didn't hate the movie, just believe that I have seen the similar thing executed better.
The basic plot is that Josh Hartnett plays Sleven, a man mistaken for another man who must perform 2 different jobs for 2 rival mob bosses to pay off a debt that isn't his. Lucy Liu plays the love interest, who just seems to be coasting through this performance.
Its an average movie that is probably best saved for a rental.

When rating movies I have only 3 judgments, it was great, it was average, it was bad. This movie was average.
That's enough for tonight, I'll post more tomorrow.

End of Line.

Gerrad!

No comments: