Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

If I

Hey all,

I am not really sure about this poem, just sort of plopped out while I was staring at the blank screen. I don't know if I like it or not really. The last few poems that I have written have been what I felt were decent entries, though 1 or 2 didn't make the posting cut. I really hate writing stuff that I don't post, I want to give you a full range of possible readings, and what I don't like someone else may. They also may agree with me that its terrible. Rest assured that the two poems I didn't post were really below my standards. This may be on the border.. I dunno. If it is bad, well there will be better ones in the future. If it's good, then I am being to hard on myself.
Enjoy.



If I


If I died a little more,

Than maybe you'd be here.

If I died a little less,

You'd leave me to this fear.


If I worked a little harder,

Then you'd find less fault.

If I worked a little less,

There would be nothing left to exalt.


If I loved a little better,

You'd have returned in kind.

If I loved a little worse,

I'd have sped up the imminent decline.


If I'd spent a little more,

And proved myself with worth.

If I'd spent a little less,

Then your happiness would be dearth.


If I died a little more,

The end would be well served,

If I died a little less,

I still get what I deserved.



End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: