Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Assorted Nuts!

Happy May All!

Last month was kind of crazy towards the end where I fell off posting a little bit. I think this month will be very similar, with my big inspection coming at the end of the month. Still I hope to have some good production this month, especially this week, with a rundown on the recent Free Comic Book Day, a Word Balloon about Iron Man, more Under A Dead Sun, and going into the weekend a look at Iron Man itself. I'm committed to at least 5 posts between now and Sunday.

Overall I have to say that I'm pretty happy with how Dead Sun is turning out, it's actually expanding a lot from the original pitch I had in mind. I've added an additional character than in my original pitch, Ally Marshall, as I felt the story still needed kind of an everyman perspective. Though the key of my story is still going to lie in tying each character to something from their past as they have to confront the horrors of the undead. I'm having a lot of fun with this series and I really wish I was making better progress. Still we are about 12 chapters in and I think the meat of the story is about to ramp up now that the action is getting established.

As for poetry, I've taken a few stabs at writing some new stuff but nothing that feels natural. I'm hoping to take another crack at it on Wednesday or so to que something up a little later. I have been listening to a lot of Sia since that concert and a lot of my poetry has been really to close what she writes about so I'm hoping avoiding it for a few days, both the poetry and the music, will offer a new perspective.

So big stuff ahead, stick around and thanks for reading!

End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: