Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Travel Blog: Orlando!

Day 4

Hey All!

There isn't a whole lot that happened on day 4 as it was mostly a travel day. We had a late flight out though and went for a great little lunch at a wonderful seafood place where we had mango salsa shrimp and crab meat and butter dipped crabs legs. As my main entree I had some really excellent fresh fish tacos. After that we took a cab back to the hotel and caught the shuttle to the airport.

We had a very fast flight and were home nearly 30 minutes early. It was a smooth trip and I got some really great reading accomplished, finishing both the Groucho Marx Autobiograpghy I had picked up as well as some new comic graphic novels, Transmetropolitan Volume 1 and Planetary Volume 2, both written by Warren Ellis with art by Darick Robertson and John Cassaday respectively. Mostly I listened to my IPod and read, but I did manage to get a total of three poems written in the interim. One I posted earlier this week, the other two I will post over the next week or so.

My brother picked me up from the airport, as I had agreed to see the new Harry Potter film with him this weekend and decided to see it after the flight. We met Jason and Autumn at the theatre and I will also post up on that over the next couple of days.

In the end, I think that the Convention was both a good thing and a bad. Despite the good times I did have, there were long stretches, typically on the convention floor, where the whole affair seemed insular. Like there was some group that I just didn't click with. I never stayed with one person to long on the floor, and would wander with different people in and out of the exhibits at my leisure, sometimes just preferring the solitude to some of their company. I know part of it is just me, but another part really felt alone in that big hall. Alone because I will never have that same level of camaraderie with people that I don't really want to know, for the most part. Maybe I just need to shut up and play the game, but then again, I never really wanted to get ahead that way.

I will be back online later tonight hopefully with a bonus poetry post and again tomorrow with new Flash Fiction. Thanks for reading and enjoy a few more random pics of my time at McDonald Peak Convention.

<

At the PEabody Hotel, they keep ducks in the lobby, lounging by a fountain in the center entrance hall. The ducks are led out after an hour or so.



Duck gone ass up!



Another pic from the Disney Hollywood walk, Mickey's Sorcerer's Apprentice hat. They launched some great 3D fireworks from the hat.


Thanks again.
End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: