Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Addendum

Hey all,

I wanted to throw up a bonus post today. Doing two chapters on this serial was a lot more work than I am use to on the blog. I approach my Flash Fiction on the blog a little different than most that may be writing. I don't like to write the posts more than one day in advance, I feel the spontaneity of each entry is compromised when I plan out to far. I write the posts over the course of a Tuesday and Wednesday, usually taking breaks and returning to them several times over the course of the two days. this is opposed to the shorted Dead Sun posts which I usually write in an hour or so. Sometimes less.

I mean I have the plot pretty mapped out but I leave a lot of room for side trips. These last two posts for instances I actually had designed to be just one, with the lead in for next weeks planned in as well. Its just showing how much more I have expanded on the mythos of the world. I like knowing that over the course of the week I may be adding or subtracting ideas as new ones come, I don't want to stymie creativity. The only real notes I keep are jotted down on a few crib sheets, and major plot ideas I keep in my head. Cementing something on paper could put me in a corner, and I want all my options.

At any rate despite the work, I really had a great time posting these up. I like doing this serial a lot. I'll be back tomorrow with a new post, I still have a lot of topics I want to cover this month so hopefully there will be new material everyday for the next week or so. Stay tuned and thanks for reading.

End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: