Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Diet Riot

Hey all,

It's been kind of a crazy week, but with two straight days off after today I plan on doing some serious posting. The first thing I'd like to note about is a bit of a deal I have going on with my roommate. Both of us have agreed to cut out meat, chicken, and fish out of our diet for 1 week. We also limit our cheese and milk intake, keeping it soy of fat free, as well as any and all soda, even Sprite. We have both been off caffeine for a while now, except what you get in the occasional piece of chocolate, so that should make quitting those drinks easy.

It has been a long time since I went without some kind of meat or chicken though, at any rate it should be a fun challenge. Simply buying groceries was kind of sad as so much of what I would normally buy (on those rare occasions I do go to the store pop up) was full of meats and chicken. Now, we are not going off them permanently, just 1 week to see what we can do to detoxify our system a little bit. I can say that on day 1, I ate a salad (no chicken) some apple slices, and 2 bowls of cereal. I also snacked on some carrot sticks while writing this and tossed them back up. Kind of sad, 1 day without meat and I am throwing up vegetables!

As this is a minor setback, I still plan to finish this out. When I set my mind to finishing something, I like to follow through to the end.

Tomorrow I plan on posting about the sweet vinyl toy party we went to as well as some new food for thought. Thanks for reading!

End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: