Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Black

Hey all.

Wanted to post this poem that I finally finished today. I have been working on it on and off for truthfully a few years, the colors and concepts at least. I finally came up with a workable pattern using the couplets instead of trying to make every line feature a color. It was important for me to use as many colors as i could, to at least give the poem some measure of frame, though I did cut out a few colors that I feel didn't progress anything of merit.

Anyway I hope you like it, I am really happy with the way it turned out.
One more quick thing, on my last few posts the spellcheck is still buggy, so please forgive any errors I may have made. Thanks.


BLACK

I saw in colors everywhere.

Now shades of gray stain all that's fair.

Your rose red lips did passion kiss,

Now thier gentle brush will go amiss.

Those yellow locks of hair bound tress,

Here brushed away with last caress.

Deep blue eyes once filled with life.

Now find me here left arife.

That favored soft dress, pale purple with pleat.

Under crossed hands lie still heart beat.

An orange tined sky at sun's set,

Here your gathered friends have met.

Green of grass and brown of Earth

Soon will covet all that's worth.

Words scribed 'neath white marble slate,

To meet again at saintly gold gate.


End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: