Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Free time

Hey all...

Recently I got bit by the gaming bug again. I tend to go through spurts where I game heavily, then lean into long droughts where I don't game at all. With the exception Of Guitar Hero I and II this past year, I really haven't touched many games, the last one being Kingdom Hearts II last year. Currently though I am playing God of War (One, a little late on the bandwagon there, but I can't wait to beat it to move onto God of War II). Also I am playing Final Fantasy XII ( a solid entry.. but hasn't hooked me as much as 7,8 and 10 did.) Also whenever my roommate is home we are hitting the Ultimate Alliance pretty hard. A fun distraction though I have to wonder in my choice of heroes for the game. Jason tends to like the brawlers, Iron Man, Thor, The Thing and Luke Cage.. all pretty well acceptable characters. My team tends to rotate between Spider-woman, Daredevil, Ms. Marvel, Blade and Elektra. All lower tier characters. Spider-man or Wolverine will sometimes get in the mix, but not really. I think when we are done with that I should probably try out those X-Men Legends games, as they are pretty similar in style I am told.

Guitar Hero though always stays pretty close. Its the most singularly addictive game I have ever played. The replay value is immense and I never get tired or it, especially of 2, with personal favorites like Spinal Tap and Strutter from Kiss. My favorite song from the game is FTK by little known Boston punk grrl rockers Vagiant. It even makes me like songs from bands I hate because it makes me think of the game when I hear them on the radio. I am chomping at the bit for GH 3.. this one better have some AC DC though.

Anyway, that's what is occupying what little free time the grind is giving me. Since most of the good TV is in reruns until sweeps, I have to find someway to fill the time. On the plus side Battlestar Galactica, which has been especially solid with these character driven series of episodes the second half of this season, has it's season finale on Sunday. Do yourself a favor. Check it out. Seriously. Hope to post another poem in a day or so.. I am almost done with it.

End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: