Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Thought Balloon

Happy 2008 all!

Seems that 2007 has come to its end and we are into a new year already. I have to be honest, it seems that the year went by really fast. Each year moving just a bit quicker than before. All in all though, I feel that 2007 was a pretty good year.

I am happy with my blog output over the course of the last few months, getting a post every other day or so for the most part. I also feel that I arranged an overall tone in the blog, sort of a standard by which you the reader can count on. My goal is to average at least 15 posts a month for the whole year. Honestly I should be able to do more, but we will see.

Work this year started off really bad and has kind of turned 180 degrees. I seem to be off the shit lists and on the top performers list and that feels good. There are still times when I have to pull long hours or have bad days, but in general I think that we are at a fairly stable position on the store. My only goal at work this year is to enjoy my vacation (all 8 weeks!) and get eligible for a company car.

I'm still not where I want to be personally in my life. It seems like that's my resolution every year though. Moving forward to develop a relationship is still a daunting task that I struggle with everyday. I can analyze my own fears and shortcomings, but I still don't know how to get past these foibles. Cutting to the quick of this definitely a target in 08. Another year closer.

I thank everyone who has read my blog over the last year and who will continue to do so. Flash Fiction is scheduled to upload tomorrow so there is lots to look forward to in 2008. Thanks for reading.

End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: