Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Birthday Time!

Hey all,

This post is going to be dedicated to my best friend, Jason. Today's the third and it being his birthday, I thought I would talk a little about him.

Looking back, I am going on 18 years olf friendship with this guy. That's a long fucking time. I don't really look at Jason like a friend anymore, he's more like a brother to me, a part of the family. Even when he moved to San Francisco for those years, we kept in contact and remained close. He knows me as well as I know myself. I may not be lucky in many things, and here are people out there who may say that they have a lot of friends. Well I don't.. but I think I have the best one.

We first met in 7th grade, sharing a love of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He was already drawing then when I introduced him to the world of comics. I still have a drawing he did o the entire TMNT cast that he did in 8th grade and sold to me for like 5 or 10 dollars, of which I am forbidden to show at any time. Soon he was into books like X-men and the Punisher, Spider-man... and he jumped headlong into them just like I did. I like to think that maybe I had a little influence in getting him to really pursue illustration as his field. To see his talent evolve and grow over the years has been a source of pride and respect for me. No one is more happy at his current prospects than me, well maybe his parents as I am sure that deep down they resent me a little for getting him into those comics.


A lot of time has passed, but one thing I know is that it may be Jason's birthday today, but I got the better present, Thanks for being there man.


God I am so gay.

End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: