Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

True Story Time!

Hey all,

Thought I would post another true story time. Jason's spellcheck function is still not working right so hopefully I don't have to many typos.

A couple of years ago I got it in my craw that I needed to hit up the strip club. I never go by myself, usually with other people to have a good time. I think I was feeling lonely and depressed, so I thought that generally speaking naked boobs work wonders. I headed down on a weeknight as I was off from work the next day. I went in, leaving my ATM and credit cards in the car. You know I can't be trusted in that situation. So I sit doen, order a beer and set the HOE-DAR out to work its magic. What I didn't count on was the extra entertainment booked that night.

It turns out that Ron Jeremy was scheduled to perform stand up that night. Now I don't mean perform on another person standing up, but his comedy routine. Now this is the current version of Ron Jeremy, balding and out of shape, coasting on his reputation and fame. He proceeded into what I can easily call the worst 15 minutes of standup I have ever heard, hitting one corny sex joke after another. This was made bareable by the buxon young lady waiting on my lap for "work time" to resume. I don't think I spent more than 45 minutes to an hour in there all told, feeling kind of perverted going by myself. As I was leaving, Ron Jeremy was doing a mit of mix and mingle by the door.

Say what you will about the current state of the guy, it was still kind of cool meeting him. I got to shake his hand and he said hello. My response was,

"I just wanted to thank you for giving guys like me a chance."

I have to say he could take a joke, as he replied, "That's what I am here for."

That was way funnier than any of his stand up.

End of Line.
Gerrad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that your "Old Man" does stop in here once in a while. Happy Birthday by the way. You's and your brother's gift should be at your house by the end of the week. I didn't call you because I have been laid up sick the last couple of days.