Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Writer's Block

Hey all,

Boy, this month has been really tough in the way of posting for me. I look and my output is okay, but it feels like I have hardly posted at all. I haven't been able to switch Flash Fiction updates to Sunday for a multitude of reasons, but the primary one is the serious case of writers block that has hit me.

It's like every time I sit at the PC, all I can see is the blank screen. I've tried writing poems and stories, but nothing is clicking or gelling in any way that feels good. I have really wanted to do some holiday themed material but I just can't find the rhythm. Even the last chapter of Darkest Dawn was a trial to get through, it took me over three days to write that little section. I don't know if it was because it was so plot heavy or if it was just a characteristic of this block that I am facing.

My intention is to sit down tomorrow and Wednesday and crank out the next chapter of Dawn and perhaps take another swing at a Christmas post. I am also working some charity events at the local chapter of the Ronald McDonald House as Santa Claus, so I'll try to update that later this week as well.

Thanks for sticking it out with me.

End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: