Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Thought Balloon

Hey all,

Hope you had a great Christmas! This was a different Christmas for me not having family around on the holidays. This was the first year that neither my mom or dad was in town and it felt kind of odd not seeing either of them. My brother did stop by for about 10 minutes, but he has pretty much cemented all of his holidays with his fiancee, which made me the odd man out.

I did appreciate the Christmas dinner invite over to my roommates brother. Danny's house. He used to be my roommate before he met his wife and I consider him a good friend. I didn't know what I was going to do and it was nice to be welcomed so.

It's strange to think of so much of my family moving on, and I feel like I'm still the same. I don't know what the future holds, and I don't know what my role will be. I just keep on trudging along waiting for my turn.

At any rate I did have a great time spending my Christmas with my friends, many of whom are just as close to being my family as my actual members. Thank you all for the warmth and spirit you've shown me, at a time when the the cold of winter seeps in the deepest.

End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: