Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Assorted Nuts

Hey all,

Wanted to post just a quick update today to fill you in on where I am at. Writing has been a bit of a problem lately, the poetry feeling forced and kind of tired. I have one poem that I started today and I am hoping a fresh approach tomorrow will yield a finished result. I also plan on trying to write a holiday theme towards the end of the month for Christmas, or at least the winter feelings. Perhaps also something for the New Year. Good poetry goals this month.

Concerning my Flash Fiction attempts, so far I have written two stories more along the lines of the kind of poetry I write, Hopefully my future efforts will be more action fiction oriented, as I really want to write a disjointed horror western tale. Telling bits and pieces of the story out of order, that read as a whole kind of tell a bigger one. Kind of an ambitious project but we will see if I am up to the task throughout the coming year.

In writing the fiction tales I probably won't have a lot of precursor to them, just writing the stories and leaving them as they lie. The last story element came from the actual first smell of winter that I had earlier this week. The smell where you know the cold is coming. As opposed to much of my poetry where I put my intentions on the precursor, to tell you my mindset, I want the stories to be taken at face value, and if I feel like talking about where they came from I may do that in an addendum post.

Anyway, be on the lookout for more updates this week, as over the next two weeks I get to play Santa Claus several times I am sure a good story or two should show up. Thanks for reading!

End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: