Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

One Final Cut

Hey all,

Been a long time since I did a poem and this is one of several I have been fumbling with for the last few months. Definitely a retreat to my earlier darker works, I hope that I can post the next poem, a love poem, soon. My intent is to get some flash fiction posts up as well as my movie and book recommendations over the next 4 days. I have a lot to write about and I really want to make up for lost time. I'd love some feedback on the poem, probably not my best work though. I was at a very dark place in my work life last week so that's where the dark overtones sprung in.

Don't take the suicide overtones to seriously. Mostly this was a sensationalized attempt to take some of my self doubt and anger and depression and channel them into something that I could safely express. Thanks for reading.


One Final Cut


A single cut of verdant red,

Two more cuts until I'm dead.

Blood runs bright in flowing stream,

To die a death of somber dream.

Trailing pooled to crimson stain,

A second cut to absolve the pain.

Twin led paths across my wrist,

Vision paled, a hazy mist.

So deep, so slow, life pumping free,

Though broken heart did first kill me.

The world grows thick through my eye,

Yet still another cut ahead does lie.

Hurt and doubt I feel no more,

Blood red path walked unto Death's door.

Lowered head now lost all prayer,

Shuffle from this loveless lair.

Close my eyes to await the end,

So tired, deeply, my soul can't fend.

One final cut to pierce the veil,

Leave my life and fade to pale.


End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: