Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Flash Fiction: Under a Dead Sun

Chapter 23
Part 1

Root advanced on Billy, the blackened stump of his arm hanging at his side. Billy looked at Root's face, twisted in anger. He wasn't even sure how Root was upright, or even what the hell Root had been talking about.

"I cured my infection Billy... I can cure you too. See if I kill you, then you wont become one of them. I'll just put a bullet in your head. Then I'll save Katee."

"What the hell did you do to yerself Root? What happened up there?"

"I died Billy. Now its your turn."

Billy crouched on his feet, head still ringing from the explosion. He wiped the blood from his mouth, though his ears still trickled blood. He had heard what the Sheriff had said, though everything still rung in his head. He didn't see his pistol, and looked to Root as he clutched another stick of dynamite. Billy spared a quick glance behind his, but didn't see Katee. looking back to Root, he balled his fist up, and prepared to launch himself at Root, and the dynamite.

"God, I don't know what yer plan is, but keep Katee safe for me."

That's when Billy threw himself at Root.

End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: