Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Friday, January 15, 2010

FlashFiction: Addendum

Hey all,

As promised I have started my next serialized flash fiction tale, a sequel of sorts to the first longer form story arc I ever wrote, Under a Dead Sun. This volume, entitled Past Sins, will be dealing with a whole new cast of characters, but there may be an Easter Egg or two for observant readers. You don't need to have read the previous story at all to enjoy this one, it is a completely stand alone tale. What you do need to know is that Under a Dead Sun is basically a Zombie Western. Cowboys versus zombies, doesn't get much simpler.

The last time I told a Dead Sun tale I told it in a disjointed order, meaning each chapter could be read in any order, but once you read the whole tale, you could put together your own time line, connecting the dots if you will. I think this time I am going to take a bit more of a traditional storytelling approach, telling the tale more or less chronologically. I have the over reaching arc of the story plotted out, exactly how many chapters is still in question, though I imagine around 40 like the last one. The first 3 or 4 chapters will introduce you to the cast, more of a slow fade in to the meat of the story. I'd say by the third installment you will have met the principal players, and where it goes from there should be a lot of fun. Any feedback you have will be much appreciated.

Ideally new Dead Sun tales will come out on Tuesdays for the foreseeable future, with the next two Sundays more or less finishing off Noir Story. I put this one up a bit early as I have been rather neglect in posting this past week. Enjoy reading.

End of Line.
Gerrad!

No comments: