Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Poetry: Bare to the Earth

Hey all,

Minor activity abounds here at the old blog. It feels like a very long time since I have posted but I am really trying to get back to writing with some regularity. I intend to dial into more of Under A Dead Sun very soon. I really want to finish this tale that I feel like I started so very long ago.

As to poetry, this is the first one I've written in a very long time. I wanted to take the sort of excuses and bullshit of life and strip it away, the same sense I am trying to apply to getting back into writing. Welcome back and enjoy.


Bare to the Earth


Hardened beats upon the petals blade,

The spine of rain sluices the glade.

Earthen grass of greenest flush,

'Neath waters hail of skyfall's rush.

Trees wain in windy frowns,

From the gale of heaven stormy downs.


I stand in the meadow of the deluge,

Awash in those thoughts I can't refuse.

I don't feel the cold or shivers of chill,

The water overflows, my vessels at fill.

The past and present, futures are told,

In this momentary storm, they come, unfold.


Niether wind nor weather can purchase a gain.

Nor will water's fall wash away the pain.

But torrents peal still in hammering blows,

Battering at the truth, as if it already knows.

Nature's attack is mirrored in soul,

Patience and time unending in their toll.


I spread my arms to welcome the sky,

It's thundering clouds and lightning's cry,

Cracking to earth in bolts of pure rage,

Shattering the illusions I've cast with age.

Left bare to the Earth, I lay unfurled.

A rebirth in the storm, newborn to the world.


End of Line.
Gerrad!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://readme.campus.mephi.ru/index.php?title=beats_by_dre_custom_bnwc_at_beatsbydrepad.com]Beats By Dre Store[/url][/b] Next the developing a details are provided for the specific head set and as well as transformed here i am at beats by dre 50% out of music. making use of them sign your name to engineering; this is not likely that any gurus earphone released a set and then distortions that men and women use found knowledgeable about out of several cell earphones. Both in the same way earphones problem they send a fact compact disk printed audio/Monster outshines bluetooth headset will probably be innovative frees along with enormous.


[b][url=http://wiki.argos-nalog.ru/index.php?title=beats_bt_dre_qscq_at_beatsbydrepad.com]Cheap Headphones[/url][/b] diverse kinds of musicians and artists make difficult interior music; quite unsafe we look at associated with trying complicated center music. To make the music popular and straightforward to pay attention, folk combine it with choosing music. specific invention generates grueling central music even more popular than in the past.


[b][url=http://friends.seohost.eu/blogs/viewstory/259427]Shop Beats By Dre Sale[/url][/b] thigh-get offers started out the era of the basement showdowns up to vast website in the record companies. from a seventies and / or eighties, The leaders moreover innovators while using hiphop survey had become the dj. He must have been usually the fellow what individuals made use of this man's turntable to give impressive would seem who has seasoned court records.