Blog Summary

A blog for poetry, prose, and pop culture.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Poetry: You

You


 I watched the rivers flow,


Sweeping, gone away,


And I wondered where you'd go.


 All the miles of the Earth,


And in all the depth of oceans blue,


Separated by miles without you.



I longed to hear your voice,


To feel your soft caress.


Never knowing what I'd done to you.




I've read words within a poem.


And listened to melodies of myriad tone.


But all the verses sang of you..



Every road I walked,


And all conversations that I sought,


Just led me back to you.




Time came and did pass,

As calendars burned gone past.


But I never stopped thinking about you.




But you had long left me alone,


To love a man I did not know.

But I learned that you could break a heart.




For when you learned to finally love,


I knew what I had failed to see.


You'd shown me love was just a fallacy.



End of Line.
Gerrad!






No comments: